Memorial Library serves the study and research needs of Berry College students, faculty and staff. Community guests are also welcome to enjoy the library facility and use selected library resources and services upon request. The library has circulating and reference collections, bound periodicals and government documents, a microforms room, and access to 125 research databases. Areas are available for individual and group study, and the facility includes a multimedia classroom, a student lounge and a snack bar. Memorial Library, like Evans Hall, combines the old and the new. The oldest part of the library - the front section facing east - was first opened in October 1926. The central portion of the library is an addition constructed in 1957. The library was extended again in 1976 with the addition of 4,000 square feet for book stacks; the last portion of the construction work was completed 1988.